The ETP will accommodate up to 45 participants for Japan and 15 for Korea per cycle.
Before applying make sure that you fulfil the minimum requirements for ETP.
Apply for the ETP by following these steps:
1. Fill in the Expression of Interest (EOI) form:
Note: An expression of interest can be filled in by an EU executive (a candidate employee of an EU based sponsor company) or EU company (EU based sponsor company interested in sending an employee to ETP but not having a designated the candidate yet). The following steps depend on whether the EOI is filled in by an EU executive or an EU company.
In case the EOI is filled in by an EU executive:
2. After submitting the EOI, your eligibility as well as that of your sponsor company will be reviewed.
3. If you and your sponsor company are eligible for the ETP, you receive an e-mail with a login and password to complete an online Application form. If you are not eligible, you receive an e-mail notifying you of this (you may reapply for a later cycle of ETP).
4. If you and your sponsor company are eligible, please use your login and password to access the online Application form. You will be able to review your Application form several times before submitting it. However, you will not be able to modify it, once it has been submitted.
5. The submitted Application will be reviewed and ranked on the basis of the ETP award criteria, namely, the quality of your academic and professional background, including international exposure, as well as the quality of your companies’ plans for developing business in Japan, Korea or Asia, and your fit within these plans, such as through support that would be provided to you for undertaking the ETP.
6. If you are among the applicants with the highest ranking, you will be invited to the ETP assessment centre for 2 tests (an abstract reasoning test and specific ETP competency test) and an interview with the ETP assessment panel. The interview will take place over the course of a half day in Brussels (Belgium) in June 2013 for the ETP cycle 2013-2014. You will also be sent a business attitudes/personality test by email which you must complete before the assessment centre. You must pass the ETP assessment centre interview and tests, as well as the business attitudes/personality test to be selected for the ETP. Note: You are responsible for your own travel expenses to/from the ETP assessment centre. Under no circumstances will the European Commission reimburse these expenses.
If you are not among the highest scoring applicants, you receive an e-mail notifying you of this (you may reapply for a later cycle of ETP).
7. The interview and test results will be reviewed and if you among the applicants scoring highest at the ETP assessment centre, you are pre-selected for the ETP. If you are not among the highest scoring applicants at the ETP assessment centre, you receive an e-mail notifying you of this and providing feedback on your performance at the ETP assessment centre (you may reapply for a later cycle of ETP).
8. If you are pre-selected for the ETP, you are sent a grant agreement (for the duration of the ETP) by the European Commission which you sign to confirm your participationin the programme.
In case the EOI is filled in by an EU company:
9. After submitting the EOI, your eligibility as an EU company will be reviewed.
If you are eligible as an EU (sponsor) company, you receive an e-mail mentioning this. At this stage you must identify a candidate employee to undertake the ETP who will enter an EOI as an EU executive (see steps 2-8 above). If you are not eligible, you receive an e-mail notifying you of this (you may reapply for a later cycle of ETP).
If you need more information, contact us